Notes for exporting to Canada
1)Can you provide the correct harmonized tariff code number ?
2) Products made of wood are subject to fumigation or finish requirements to stop the importation of insects. What is the experience with shipments to
3) How soon can you ship following confirmation of our order.
1) The ofuro and the material for the sunoko are HS code 4421 . 90.
Other accessories or metal parts may have a different code.
2) We exported 5 times to Canada. There is no need for fumigation for finished wood products. I will verify for the lumber for the sunoko grating. Anyway we can supply a certification stating that the material is Kiln Dried and this is sufficient.
On the other hand, some some counties building dept. require compliance with the ASME regulations. Our tubs are not ASME certificated, so you should either file it as a “soaking tub” (not sanitary equipment) or contact us for more options.
3) Later today I will prepare a proforma invoice for your review and approval.
Please note that the shipping fee is still approximate. Kindly let me know your exact shipping address so I can obtain a official quote from the forwarder.
Finally, as you probably know ocean shippings for Canada require that the receiver is a corporation (private entities cannot file the customs paperwork.)
Leave a Comment